Sport Cars photo image

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

I love bread pudding!


    I love these tea settings I think that the pink and gold are so lovely. It was a wedding gift from some girlfriends from University. I never use it so I figured I may as well break it out for this post!

    Ok so the irony of this post being made directly after a post where I vow to limit sugar and carb intake so I can get my 'pre-babies' body back is not lost on me.

    That said I felt like making bread pudding and I had bread and blueberries so I figured why not? (the obvious answer to this question is: "because you said you were going to limit sugars and cabs inorder that you might one day get back in shape.")

    So here is the recipe I used:

    Use fresh or frozen blueberries in this great bread pudding. - I used fresh

    Cook Time: 40 minutes

    Ingredients:

    •4 cups bread cubes- this is about 5 slices of bread
    •1/4 cup butter or margarine, cut in pieces - I used unsalted butter
    •2/3 cup granulated sugar - I used coarse brown sugar
    •1/4 teaspoon salt - I forgot this...oops!
    •2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries, rinsed well and drained - again I used fresh
    •1/4 cup water - I used 2% milk and two eggs (baking minus eggs makes me nervous)
    •2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice - I decided not to use lemon
    •cream - ummmmm it would help if they said how much, no? I never have cream in my house because we drink our coffee black and I don't bake all that often, but I digress...I used one small coconut yogurt instead, I figured close enough.

    *I also added two pinches of cinnamon and a tablespoon of vanilla


    Preparation:

    In a mixing bowl, combine bread, butter, sugar, salt, blueberries, water, and lemon juice. Pack mixture into a generously buttered 1 1/2-quart baking dish. Cook blueberry bread pudding at 350° for 40 minutes, until set.(they didn't mention if it should be covered or uncovered so I left it covered for 30 minutes and then uncovered for 10 minutes)

    Here is the final product!



    I think I may go make a cream sauce for it now.

    Lots of love,

    Cat

Post Title

I love bread pudding!


Post URL

https://marisamiller-model.blogspot.com/2010/03/i-love-bread-pudding.html


Visit MARISA MILLER TOP VICTORIA SECRET MODEL for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment