Sport Cars photo image

Monday, March 29, 2010

My boy Riley.



    Well I will be the first to admit that I have long been an epic hater of the proverbial "Mama's Boy". I find them abhorrent, frustrating, annoying and pathetic (this may be a very thinly veiled criticism of my Mother In Law and the dynamic she at times attempts to set up with my husband. She once called him 77 times in a one week span).

    When I found out I was having a boy I had mixed feelings. I have never been a fan of masculinity or males who adhere to its constraints; I have been called a "man hater" and in truth I had no good comeback. I am pretty much the epitome of a girlie-girl I love fashion, beauty, literature, fine art, interior design, dance and music performed by women...you get the picture. I was scared I would not connect with a male child and boy was I wrong!

    After 10 months of pregnancy (yes you heard me right 10 months) my little King arrived and I fell madly, deeply, and wildly in love with him. He is heaven! He is possibly the best baby in the history of the world. The night he was born he slept 6 consecutive hours (when your first born refused to sleep longer than 45 consecutive minutes in row this is a pleasant shock to the system).

    He is so lovely. He only cries when he is hungry, or messy and even then as soon as you tend to him he stops. He looks right in your eyes and coos and smiles and it has melted my triple chilled heart. He loves to cuddle he is so sweet and snugly. Everyone who has spent time with him can not stop raving about what a sweet and good baby he is. I think he might just be the man of my dreams LOL

    Now this puts me in a position I vowed I would never be in and that is one of a possible future mother to a "Mama's Boy". I don't want to be that woman who I have rolled my eyes and shaken my head at so often but my love for him is so deep I am afraid I might just slip down that slope. I found myself thinking the other day that I really hope he does not bring home some dumb skanky girl one day (he is 7 weeks old this is a ridiculous thing to ponder at this stage).

    So I guess I just need to be careful not to smother him and not to 'arrest his development' so to speak. If I ever enter him and myself in a 'mother-boy' style event I will have to sit myself down and give me a stern talking to!

    Until that day I am going to snuggle him to death, sing him Don Mclean lullabies, and kiss his plump little cheeks as much as I can.

    Lots of love,

    Cat

Post Title

My boy Riley.


Post URL

https://marisamiller-model.blogspot.com/2010/03/my-boy-riley.html


Visit MARISA MILLER TOP VICTORIA SECRET MODEL for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment