Sport Cars photo image

Sunday, March 28, 2010

These are a few of my favorite things!

    Follow my blog with bloglovin

    OK so here is a little "this and that" of things I love and recommend.

    This is my absolute favorite scent. It is soft, light, warm, comforting, understated, not floral, not citrus, not sickeningly sweet and it lingers like a whisper on your neck:

    Kenzo Amour


    This is my all time favorite skin care line. I love the way it this feels on my pathetically sensitive skin (everything makes my skin red and some creams even burn when I put them on). I also love the colour and the scent. It is a light cream, in no way greasy, and it is lush and rich:

    The Body Shop's Vitamin E skin care line:


    Makeup for me is really a hodge-podge. As a teenager I swore by MAC but as I get older my face just can not handle that level of pigmentation. I still swear by a few MAC products but as I age I am starting to gravitate towards makeup lines like Bare Minerals. They just feel lighter on my skin and provide better coverage without having to cake it on.

    Bare Minerals Makeup line:



    Finally as stated above I do still have a bit of a "MAC love-on" so here is my favorite MAC blush (I have yet to meet a skin tone it does not flatter. Also, it has gold flecks!)It is very different in person than in this picture. It is a perfect sheer coral with gold flecks and a pearl undertone:

    Springsheen:



    When I was in University I took this crime and media course. There was this girl in it who was sooooooooooooo lovely. She was very pale with blue-blue eyes and coal black "shiny as all hell" hair. I would just sit and try to stare at her without her noticing LOL(loser much?)

    Anywho, she wore red blush. Not sorta red I am talking bold crimson red. I know it sounds all wrong and garish but she really really made it work. Perhaps she was a makeup artist on the side (we all work odd jobs to pay tuition at some point or other). It was like this brilliant pop of romantic colour on her otherwise flawless porcelain skin.

    Well my dumb-ass thought it would work for me too (I am also very pale). I went out and bought crimson blush and boy oh boy did I look like an idiot with skin disease or possible 3rd degree cheek burns.

    I digress, the moral of this story is: "these are a few of my favorite things and they may not work for everyone. In the words of a girl I use to dance with "they might not tickle your fancy" but such is life." What are your favorite things? Link me if you can.

    Lots of love,

    Cat

Post Title

These are a few of my favorite things!


Post URL

https://marisamiller-model.blogspot.com/2010/03/these-are-few-of-my-favorite-things.html


Visit MARISA MILLER TOP VICTORIA SECRET MODEL for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment